In 2007, the Institut d'art contemporain is launching a series of lectures called Coefficient d'art in relation with its programme and to return to its work in criticism and theory.
CYCLE 1: ELLIPSES AND TRAJECTORIES
The principle set for the series of talks called Ellipses et Trajectoires is to approach art from the components that inspire and affect it, sometimes forming lines of force and attraction.
The reflection conducted invites analysis 'around art' rather than 'on art' in order to better address the objects of knowledge that art has appropriated, with its immense capacity for approaching the real.
If works make and undo meanings, the aim of these talks is not only to multiply the filters used in interpretation but to shed light on what becomes established between art and its public.
- Maurizio Lazzarato, sociologist and philosopher, contributor to the journal Multitudes
- Stéphane Douailler, philosopher and Professor at University Paris VIII
- Myriam Revault d’Allonnes, philosopher and Professor at the École Pratique des Hautes Études
CYCLE 2: THE PUBLIC AND AESTHETICS / PUBLIC AESTHETICS
Designed for the 30th anniversary of the Institute, this programme of talks is aimed at questioning what has been played, and what is being played in the art practices of the twentieth century now over and in the twenty-first that has hardly begun when the traditional procedures of aesthetics have been changed by artists taking into account the existence of a real spectator instead of an ideal spectator.
- Éric Alliez, philosopher, contributor to the journal Multitudes
- Bertrand Clavez, lecturer in history of contemporary art, University Lyon 2
- Christophe Kihm, member of the editorial board of art press and co-director of the journal Fresh Théorie